IDEO Outstanding Dance Educator Award
This award acknowledges a stellar dance educator from the membership. The award is granted to a dance educator from different teaching environments. The recipient of this award should inspire and motivate their students and significantly impact their community. This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated excellence in creating ideas for programs, curriculum, and/or projects that have had a significant impact on the field of dance education.
IDEO Lifetime Achievement Award
The most prestigious award conferred, the Lifetime Achievement Award, is given for exemplary leadership, scholarship and/or artistry, and philanthropy or service to dance education over a lifetime. Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to a member for exemplary leadership, research, scholarship and/or artistry, and philanthropy or service to dance education.
• Impact and contributions of lifetime achievements to the field of dance education.
• Advocacy for the field of dance and dance in education.
• Recognition as an influential figure in the dance or dance education communities.
- Nominees must be NDEO members in good standing. Nominators do not need to be NDEO members.
- All nominees must have consistent NDEO membership of five years or more prior to nomination as either a Professional or Institutional Member (as the main contact on the account).
- Nominators may nominate only one candidate in each category.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award honoree will have contributed to the field of dance education for a period of at least fifteen (15) years.
- All award nominees may self-nominate except for Lifetime Achievement.
- Obtain permission from the nominee prior to submitting materials.
- Submit all required information (CV/resume, bio (500 words or less), headshot, and contact information) by the published deadline.
- Please be sure to list the nominee’s name as they would like it reflected on the award and all published materials.
- Nominators and award recipients should expect to attend the annual IDEO Conference and awards presentation. If the honoree cannot attend the Annual Conference, they should appoint a person to accept the award in their honor and prepare a written statement of acceptance. The nominator may be asked to present the award.
- Award applying for:
- Nominator name & relationship to the applicant.
- Personal Information: name, mailing address, phone number, email address
- Institution(s) connected to:
- Nomination Deadline: May 1 (Voting Deadline: June 1)
- Attach CV/Resume, bio (500 words or less), and headshot:
Email nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org