The Goals of the NDEO State Affiliate are to:
- Unite and empower dance educators as well as institutions at local, state and national levels.
- Develop a collective voice for dance in the United States.
- Strengthen long-term development for both state and national organizations.
- Expand membership for state and national organizations through dual membership.
- Increase services to dance educators.
- Build needed networks for communication and action.
- Increase knowledge and understanding in areas of advocacy, policy, legislation, standards and guidelines, position papers, certification and licensure.
- Help states develop local initiatives such as certification, standards, assessments, or professional development.
- Develop databases for U.S. dance education so the discipline is included in future federal surveys, national assessments, and grant initiatives.